Understanding Tile Wear Ratings
Choosing the proper tile for your next home improvement project goes beyond picking the right size and color. Selecting your tile based on its wear rating, or PEI class, is an important step in ensuring that your installation stands the test of time and can handle the traffic it will endure over its lifetime.
At Minnesota Tile and Stone, friendly and experienced staff members will help you understand the different PEI classes, and which tile is right for your project. By speaking to one of the friendly consultants at any of these MN tile shops, you will gain insight into the varying PEI classes and what each rating represents, including:
- PEI Class 1 Rating (No foot traffic) - Recommended for wall use in residential and commercial applications only.
- PEI Class 2 Rating (Light traffic) - Recommended for both wall use and bathroom floor applications only.
- PEI Class 3 Rating (Light to moderate traffic) - Recommended for countertops, walls and floors where normal foot traffic is expected.
- PEI Class 4 Rating (Moderate to heavy traffic) - Recommended for all residential applications as well as medium commercial and light institutional.
- PEI Class 5 Rating (Heavy to extra heavy traffic) - Recommended for all residential as well as heavy commercial and institutional applications.
Whether you are searching for kitchen tile, countertop tiles, heavy duty tile or commercial grade tile, the experts at Minnesota Tile and Stone will help you make sure you choose the right tile for your project. Visit the location nearest you today to begin planning your next project with the help of an experienced tile expert.